Nursing Home Transition Program
- Do you want to have more choices in your life?
- Do you want to have more control in how you live?
- Do you want to live in your own home?
- Develop a Comprehensive Assessment and Care Plan based on assessed needs and available resources regardless of the funding source. Update care plans annually and as needed to address changing needs.
- Assist with accessing Medicaid State Plan services and non-Medicaid resources that may meet your needs.
- Inform you of your rights to freely choose from the providers and services available to you.
- Advocate with you to support your goals and services.
- Monitor service providers to insure that services are being provided according to the assessed need documented in the Comprehensive Care Plan.
- Obtain support services as needed.
- Locate affordable and accessible housing as needed.
- Making your home more accessible as needed.
- Monitor on an ongoing basis your health and safety status. Initiate appropriate reviews of needs and care plan as indicated.
- Coordinate services across all Medicaid programs to achieve a holistic approach to care.
Services provided by the New Choices Wavier:
Road To Independence works with individuals with disabilities and various agencies in transitioning them from nursing homes, assisted living centers, or other institutions into their own homes. This service allows you or someone you know to live more independently in the community.
Services available to assist you with moving into your home are:
- Creating a transition plan
- Applying for benefit and waiver programs
- Obtaining personal care attendant and/or nursing services
- Education on hiring personal care attendants
- Locating affordable and accessible housing
- Acquiring Assistive Technology
- Making your home accessible
- Independent Living Skills classes
- Recreational activities
- Peer mentoring/support
- Community advocacy